How to Find Reports and Dashboards with new simplified Home menu?

Susan Peck
Susan Peck ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I feel really dumb, but with the "improvement" to the Home menu, how does one find reports and dashboards? The Home menu now shows just Sheets and Workspaces, rather than everything I own or have shared to me.

Not a newbie here. Using SS since 2011. Have seen lots of less-than-optimal UX changes and this one joins that group. Was it broken? Did it really need fixing? Would love to hear what I'm missing and if I'm in the minority.

But, now I just need to find a report to share to my boss. I am not 100% sure of the name or what sheet(s) it was built from, I just know it exists and I could find it easily in the past. Don't like wasting time for something that should be simple.

Thanks for any help.

Susan

Best Answer

Answers

• Susan Peck
    Susan Peck ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you, thank you, @David Tutwiler - but now I feel even dumber! I guess so many years of expecting to see long lists in the left column caused me not to look in the big ol' list to the right. :-)

All my sheets, reports, and dashboards are there. And, the microseconds saved will eventually equal the amount of time it took both of us to write these posts.

Thank you for your kind response,

susan

• David Tutwiler
    David Tutwiler Overachievers Alumni

No problem at all. Honestly, it took me some getting used to as well.

• MCorbin
    MCorbin Overachievers Alumni

You guys just explained something that had me puzzled late last night as well! I had forgotten about the home menu change and was wondering why I was seeing something in Sheets that I KNEW was stored in a workspace.

Glad you asked the question!