Did you miss our #CanDoCommunity Live Q&A: Learn from your peers - Smartsheet for Higher Ed?

Options
Elisabeth Wharton
edited 09/13/23 in Show & Tell

Thank you to those of you who joined our #CanDoCommunity Live Q&A- Smartsheet for Higher Ed! We had a great group of panelists and an excellent discussion on how our higher ed customers are using Smartsheet to remain dynamic in the current climate.

Please see a little bit about our panelists below:

These three Smartsheet champions hold leadership roles at The University of New Mexico and California State University - Fullerton. They oversee a wide array of functional areas and campus operations.  

Their areas of knowledge include IT, Finance, Strategic Planning, Staffing, Training, Business Continuity, Campus Security, Data Security, Change Management and more. During the Q&A, they will share tips, best practices, and strategies for using Smartsheet for Higher Ed. 

Kevin Stevenson, Director of HR for University of New Mexico, oversees a variety of functional groups including IT, Training, Employee Development, and Strategic Planning. He’ll share how he has used Smartsheet to transform several large-scale processes in a short time frame — leading to significant improvements across multiple functions.

You can view the session on demand HERE!

Tags:

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Thank you to those of you who joined us for the Higher Ed webinar! We had some great questions and weren't able to get to all of them, so please see some of the questions that were submitted during the Live Q&A below! Please also feel free to add any new questions you have in the comments and we will continue to answer questions as they come in!

I'm a newbie. Looking to take my honors students and create a fluid list that works with upcoming deadlines for those students with their respective committees. Can I create something like this and share it with those students and advisors without them having access to SmartSheets? Thank you.

1) Give them viewer access only within Smartsheet

(they don't have to have a license, just an account)

2) Publish the SMAR item you want them to have access to (https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/522078-publishing-smartsheet-items)

So curious question. Would this system allow for creating a form for students to apply and automatically go into a spreadsheet where I can have set "flags" to alert me that someone has applied and I need to send a formal contract out to them?

You can check out different dashboards in the Dashboard Gallery! (https://www.smartsheet.com/content-center/product-news/reports-dashboards/smartsheet-dashboard-gallery)

If you'd like to see visual demonstrations of the premium apps being discussed, please reach out to your sales rep!

Has the pandemic era way of doing things helped to get more buy-in for Smartsheet at your institution?

It has definitely helped uncover some of the gaps the panelists may have had in their current processes and thus allowed for them to have more leverage when on-boarding teammates and getting them enrolled within the platform, so yes!

Does Smartsheets integrate with DocuSign?

Smartsheet is working on a DocuSign integration - sign up for our release notes to get notified when this becomes live! https://offers.smartsheet.com/product-release-notes-subscribe.html

We are continuing to work with our panelists and Smartsheet team to get more of your questions answered! We will continue to post here as answers come in! Thanks again for viewing our #CanDoCommunity Webinar- Smartsheet for Higher Ed!