Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Software vendor comparison sheet template

Bill Mulcahy
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

Does anyone have a software vendor comparison sheet to share with the Community?  Comparing features and functionality of various vendors in one sheet is a challenge.  What do you think would be the best sheet template to compare vendors? 

Comments

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Hi Bill! What sort of software vendors are you comparing? Are there specific features and functionality you are looking to compare? You could probably built a sheet to track this by listing all the items you are tracking in a column and use Checkbox columns to ‘check’ the features each vendor has (each vendor would be its own Checkbox column).

• Bill Mulcahy
    edited 03/04/16

Thanks for suggesting a Checkbox column.  The sheet is comparing learning management systems and the checkbox option works well as a summary, but I'm looking to rate how well each vendor can satisfy our needs at the feature level.  I've put the LMS vendors as column headings and the rows represent the features we are assessing (ability to send SMS reminders, real-time reporting, etc..).   In addition to the checkbox, I'm adding the 'Stars' column symbol to rate how well (1-5 stars) each LMS satisfies a required feature.   Using column filters to search for features that are rated at 3 stars or above, helps us compare vendors that meet a certain threshold across features.

Screen Shot 2015-05-18 at 9.47.46 AM.png

• JohnHinkle
    JohnHinkle ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for sharing, Bill! That looks like a great and simple way to track comparisons 

• Bill,

Will you be able to share the template?

Amit

• Hi Travis,

Are you able to share the Vendor Comparison Tracking Sheet that was discussed with Bill?

Thanks, Sally

This discussion has been closed.