Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Volunteer Management

Gina Kavesh
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

My organization has a large event in which we use 250~300 volunteers in the lead up to and day of and we've been underwhelmed with volunteer management tools on the market. 

We've managed much of our volunteer management over the years via Excel which implies smartsheet is a viable solution that allows us to manage the volunteers, allow them to sign up for shifts/roles (events, time range, task etc ) with an intuitive sign up form all while insuring we have all critical tasks covered. 

I'm wondering if anyone has created a smartsheet for this sort of use and if you'd be willing to share it as to help us visualize how best to go about creating this data. 

Thank you 

Comments

• Have you looked a tool called Acuity Scheduling?  if there are no examples from the user community here, potentially Actuity - which might link via Zapier back to Smartsheet (or back to office/google suites).

• Thanks - I'll take a look. I'm hoping to minimize adding additional software layers which is why I'm hoping for a Smart sheet solution. 

- gina 

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Gina

you have come to the right place with Smartsheet, it is the right tool for what you need. 

I can speak from experience because we work with lots of Event organisers and have helped them to manage every facet of their events, Big and Small. One of the biggest is Top Rank Boxing in Las Vegas and their event Director said this about Smartsheet... 

Top Rank Boxing

“Huge monster event all kept on track courtesy of my friends at Smarter Business Processes and by using Smartsheet.  Amazing tool!”

Brad Jacobs – Executive Event Producer, Top Rank www.toprank.com

If you need some help visualising the HOW, then email me and we will set up a Free Initial Consultation to discuss the HOW. 

richardr@smarterbusinessprocesses.com 

Hope that helps.

This discussion has been closed.