Creating a Form or summary like this...

Is this something SmartSheet can do? This example is in Excel. Before I spend hours trying to figure it out, I just want to know if it's possible.

Answers

• Stefan
    Stefan ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Julie Fleming,

I'd say yes if you separate input data from visual representation.

Imagine all the cells you ask for input to be separate columns (Site, Area, Project/Activity Name...) in a sheet designated to project/activity requests. This input can be captured with a Smartsheet form (can use conditional logic) and populates one row in this sheet. The visual representation could be done in a dashboard.

The dashboard needs to be duplicated and adapted for every new request though. Depending on the amount of requests in your organisation Smartsheet Control Center may be big timesaver.

Is your example a request, or a profile of a project/activity?

Hope this helps

Stefan

Smartsheet Consulting, Solution Building, Training and Support.

Projects for Processes and for People.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Julie Fleming

There are a couple of options.

• Format a sheet to look similar to the Excel
    • Format a sheet or Sheet Summary to include all the information as the Excel
    • Use a 3rd party integration/service and the same layout and then get the data over to Smartsheet

What do you think?

Which option would be your preferred one?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• @Stefan a profile of an activity/project.  Thank you for the help!

• Stefan
    Stefan ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Julie Fleming, ok, then it's much easier. You most likely have all the data you want to show in one or more sheets. Maybe you even have a summary sheet for all your projects.

Create a dashboard for your project, use widgets to show pull the figures and the text from your source and format the whole thing to your liking. From then on all data will be always up-to-date.

If you need to have this for many projects think about using SCC (Control Center) to deploy template sets with all the links already done.

Happy to help

Stefan

Smartsheet Consulting, Solution Building, Training and Support.

Projects for Processes and for People.