Help setting up Inventory report with possible graphs

Hello, We are using Smartsheet as a temporary monthly server inventory reconciliation. There are about 10 columns/headers to print, 700 lines. I haven't used Smartsheet before so I'm finding it difficult to locate how to set up a report. Its the first month of showing all the inventory as such. The lines are machine name, authorized by, location, active, in active, what type of monitoring/scanning, etc.

Im reading that you can find reports on the upper right hand corner, however I don't see that. Here is a printscreen of my upper right hand corner.

Also in my report, there are drop downs, checkboxes, etc built in now to smartsheet. I read these do not show up on excel when exported. SHould I change the smartsheet to be text only?

Any help is appreciated. Sorry about the 1st grade question.

Tags:

Answers

• David Tutwiler
    David Tutwiler Overachievers Alumni

Don't feel bad for asking a question. If you don't know, you don't know. That's why everyone is here to help.

As for reports, you'll actually want to back out from the sheet view and find the Create drop down in the right corner where it shows your workspace. From that Create drop down, one of the options will be to create a report. Once there, you'll see a Report Builder icon in the tool bar. Click on that to select the source you want to draw from (this sheet I would assume) and the conditions you want to set so that you only report out the data you want to see.

If you have any questions after creating it, let us know.