Date format is changing from one sheet to other

I have two sheets ,In sheet1 there is a start date field in the format DD/MM/YYYY . In the sheet2 i have a date filed which is linked via cell linking to sheet1 but the date is appearing in a different format in sheet2 - MM/DD/YYYY . why is the date format getting changed?

Please see the attachments

Answers

• Stefan
    Stefan ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @GeethikaVarsha Kantamneni,

in every sheet you can configure date appearance in date columns per column. So just go to your second sheet, select the column with the "wrong" format. Up in the tool bar there is a calendar icon you can use to select the format.

Hope this helps

Stefan

Smartsheet Consulting, Solution Building, Training and Support.

Projects for Processes and for People.

• Hi Stefan ,

Thanks for responding , i tried selecting the format in the second sheet , the date format selected is DD/MM/YYYY but still instead of January 11th (11/01/2021) it is taking the date as November 1st (01/11/2021) . This is happening to only once cell in that column , the remaining cells are showing the correct date format as selected , which is strange. Please help me resolve this issue , as it is affecting the gannt chart.

Date format in both sheets is in the regional format (DD/MM/YYYY)

• Stefan
    Stefan ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @GeethikaVarsha Kantamneni,

hmmm, are your 2 sheets eventually living in different Smartsheet accounts in different regions of the world?

I would also try to create a new date column with correct format and test to link one cell again.

If your sheets live in one account and trying a newly created column doesn't help I suggest contacting Smartsheet support.

Hope this helps

Stefan

Smartsheet Consulting, Solution Building, Training and Support.

Projects for Processes and for People.