Group update requests

Hello everyone,

Do you know if there is a way to group udpate requests ?

Here is my use case : I need to test some equipment on field. I check several different boxes (stored in different columns in my sheet) that are related to different parts of the equipment. I use a form to get the data entry and populate it into a sheet.

I am able to send an update request to my client for each box not checked. For example if I have 3/15 boxes not checked, I send three update requests to ask my client why the 3 parts of the equipment are missing.

1. Do you know first if it is possible to send a notification to the client and to warn him about all the check box not checked, rather than do this check box by check box ?

2. Do you know if I can group my update request to send only one notification with the 3 updates requests, rather that asking the client to go in every and each of the 3 update request notification and make changes ?

Thank you for your help, have a great day,

Corentin

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 09/17/20

Hi @Corentin Dal Farra

If you change the Run workflow option to something else, except When triggered, it should work.

Another option could be to use a report instead.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Corentin Dal Farra
    Corentin Dal Farra ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hello Andrée,

Thank you for your answer,

Could you explain to me more in details how I could do this ? Actually I run the workflow option to "when rows are added" because the workflow starts with the row that is added in the form.

Please let me know if I can provide you more information so that we can find some options for this case.

I would like to use a report, but the clients of my client need to update the data and do not want only to see them in a report.

Thank you very much, have a nice day !

Corentin