Countifs

Options

Hi,

I am trying to count the number of entries in multiple columns between dates in another column in a metrics sheet.

Here is what i am trying however i am getting a error.

=COUNTIFS(Design Services Projec Range 12}, {Design Services Project Range 4}, >=DATE(2020, 1, 1), {Design Services Project Range 4}, <=DATE(2020, 1, 31))

{Design Services Projec Range 12} is the one column in the sheet

I would like to add two more columns as well.

{Design Services Project Range 4} is the date column in the sheet

Does anyone know what i am doing wrong and how to add more columns?

Shawna

Tags:

Answers

• Frank Falco
    Frank Falco ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 09/18/20
    Options

There is a { missing in the formula after the COUNTIFS(

=COUNTIFS(Design Services Projec Range 12}, 

should be

=COUNTIFS({Design Services Projec Range 12}, 

Should also check the references are correct, one has Projec and the other has Project

Just click on the text between the {} and if it is correct, should show Edit Reference

✅Did my post help answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

• shawna kalke
    Options

Hi,

Here is what i have now.

=COUNTIFS({Design Services Projec Range 12}, {Design Services Project Range 4}, >=DATE(2020, 1, 1), {Design Services Project Range 4}, <=DATE(2020, 1, 31))

And is says Invalid Operation

I am not sure why when i click on reference another sheet that is for the range 12 the name is coming up missing the T in Project. If i add the t in it says invalid ref.

• Sean Morgan
    Options

Hello @shawna kalke ,

Are you able to provide Screenshots, whilst hiding any sensitive information, on the Sheets used within this Formula?

With this, we should be able to create a working Formula for you

Regards

Sean

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!