Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Program and Project Sight Templates

Janet Dere
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Hi there,

I really like the look of the Program and Project sights in the Sight Gallery.  Can someone send me the Sight templates and the underlying smartsheets and reports needed to make it work?  I'm hoping it pulls from the Basic Project and Basic Agile templates.

Thank you!

- Janet

Comments

• Hi Janet—

I'm not sure what you're referring to, specifically. Did you see these Sights on a webpage somewhere? 

• Did you ever get an answer? was looking for same thing

• Hi All,

This may be a part of a bigger solution that we offer. On the Sights Gallery page, click the "Contact Us to Learn More" button and make a request for the full solution, including the Sight.

Someone from our Solutions team will reach out to you shortly with next steps.

• Yes we have Sights. Would like the template for those on the Sights Gallery. 

• Neisha Fredericks
    Neisha Fredericks ✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/28/17

Shaine, curious do you ever actually have information?

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Neisha,

The short answer:

Yes.

The long answer:

That comment is uncalled for.

Shaine has done a very good job as Community Manager.

No one can know all the ins-and-out of any complex system in today's world and Smartsheet is no different. 

If you were hoping to evoke an emotional response, congratulations.

My $0.02

Craig

• LOL. Apparently, I did evoke an emotional response, but no that wasn't my intention. It was a true inquiry. I have never asked or seen a question answered directly, so I was truly curious about the point of the community when we could just email directly and wait for a response. 

But thanks for your two cents. I will be sure to keep my comments to myself going forward.

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/28/17

Niesha,

In my experience (~ 18 months of active involvement), a large portion of the questions are answered without input from Smartsheet's support directly. That is anecdotal, as I have not tracked them in this way. There's several dozen non-Smartsheet persons that come here to help others and several Smartsheet employees that stop by (beyond the ones designated as Community Managers). Not all questions have answers.

And the point of the Community, in my opinion, is to get & give advice and help one another with problems ones encounter when working with the application. 

Apparently, I  took your comment in a different spirit than it was intended. I have recently (the last 112 days) been much more (like nearly always vs almost never) active on social media and I am noticably reacting differently to certain sort of comments.

That is no excuse, only a known cause.

If you have questions or answers or comments, please post.

Craig

• I totally understand. I have had my own frustrations with having to wait days to get answers when I can see images of certain features, solutions, etc.. But that provides clarity.  That Shane is simply a moderator and not actually able to provide direct assistance. I assumed he was an employee with some direct insight. I understand now and will manage my expectations accordingly. Cool

• Hi Neisha,

I understand that you're not getting the information that you want, but this is the information that I have. When I can, I try to point people in the right direction—as I did with my previous discussion comment.

I'm always willing to share what information I do have; just like our other active community members.

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/28/17

Neisha,

Shaine has been very helpful to me but there are some things he has passed onto support due to technical limitations. There are feature clarifications and then there are bugs or feature/enhancement requests which require different responses.

Cheers.

Craig

This discussion has been closed.