Automation Email Modification

Morning!

I need a little assistance from the group....I have created a form for end-users to use, and I am working on setting up an automated email based on each submission. The grid file I have includes a ton of fields that I am not using, and did not include in my form, but are related to another grid sheet that I will be transferring each submission too.

Is there a way to modify the automate email to only include the grip form fields entered in the form, and not every empty column cell field available on the grid sheet?

Any help here would be great! Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• David Tutwiler
    David Tutwiler Overachievers Alumni

Absolutely. On the Notification Automation task, click the three vertical dots on the right side of the Alert Someone task. Then select Advanced Options and check "Show Only These Columns". Then go and pick the columns you want to show.

• Tim Cox
    Tim Cox
    Answer ✓

Thank you so much! I knew that option had to be there, but I could not find it anywhere! Thank you again! 😀

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Tim Cox

Smartsheet just released an update that simplifies the process.

September 23, 2020

We have released two enhancements that will help teams quickly tailor how much they share with different stakeholders in their alerts.

First, it is now possible to send an alert that only contains the message. This is a great option when your recipients don’t have access to your sheet--for example, customers or colleagues on other teams. When setting up the alert in the visual workflow builder, simply click the “Message only” radio button in the alert’s action block.

Second, the field picker for selecting specific fields to include in an alert is no longer hidden behind a menu. To display the field picker dropdown, simply click the “Links to sheet and specific fields” radio button in the alert’s action block.

More info:

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.