Let's get the ball rolling! Say hello and share a new or favorite way you've used Smartsheet.

Options
Stephanie Viers
Stephanie Viers Employee
edited 09/12/23 in Show & Tell

I'd love to get some initial conversation going in this group. Please say a quick hello to your peers and share either a new use you've found for Smartsheet recently, or your favorite thing you've created in Smartsheet overall.

I'll share my favorite dashboard I've seen recently. This one was created by one of my colleagues to show a common estimating setup we see across precon teams. I love the use of image widgets to create "buttons" to other pages.

How about y'all? What have you been working on?

Stephanie Viers, Lead Customer Success Manager - Construction

Tags:

Comments

• Rachel Graham
    Options

Is this dashboard available in our templates?

• Stephanie Viers
    Options

@Rachel Graham No, this is a dashboard that one of my colleagues created as part of a larger pre-construction solution, so it's not part of the template gallery. I'll have your account manager reach out to you about this though - he can talk to you about the solution it's a part of and potentially get you the dash.

• I am still getting started and buy in from colleagues on SmartSheet. I have a workspace set up and a sheet created for each project in this business unit that represents the project schedule. I also have a report that shows the Task List per person for the coming month and a Summary Report that provides a listing of all the projects I have a sheet for and our customer contact info. I just love how quickly I can put something together! And I love I don't need to build schedules in Excel anymore :)

• Jason Blakemore
    Options

Hello all-

I've been working with Smartsheet for two years, using it to build a system to track my property management tasks (23 doors), and also my remodeling and new construction residential projects. I am a solo general and electrical contractor- I wish all my subs used Smartsheet, would make everything so easy! I really appreciate all the tips and comments in this group, thanks!

• JeremiahHorstick
    JeremiahHorstick ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hey Guys!

I'm very excited about this group!

I've been working with Smartsheet for 5-years.

We are primarily a small-volume, single-family home builder and real estate developer.

I came up in the business doing home improvements, and thought I was so cool telling my college professor I had to step out of class to take a business call. 😎

We are also a builder and developer in the software sense with a company specializing in geospatial applications and we've spent a lot of time with the Smartsheet API.

From Managing Leads to Warranty & everything in between we use Smartsheet.

Scheduling, Vendor Management, Purchasing, Document Management, HR, Marketing are all things we do within Smartsheet.

Smartsheet has given us the versatility to efficiently manage multiple business units in a single platform, and importantly leaves us with total control of our data unlike other applications that are hard to get out of. Most other apps don't have the versatility to handle an array of projects however Smartsheet can and lets us do it our way, rather than putting us in a box.

We have it thoroughly connected end to end with our business process including our accounting system, QuickBooks (Bidirectionally)

I gladly welcome the opportunity to collaborate with others in the business and would also sponsor an NAHB Virtual Builder Ten Group. I'd love the opportunity for find synergy around building out in Smartsheet focused on real estate development and construction, and I'm happy to share the accumulated knowledge and experience of many hours of pushing the threshold in Smartsheet with a team of consultants and developers.

And it's my birthday tomorrow. 😁

Cheers!

• Stephanie Viers
    Options

@JeremiahHorstick Love it! Welcome to the group, Jeremiah, and happy birthday!!!

• Mike Zimmerman
    Options

Hi everyone

We are a real estate development company specializing in the hospitality sector. We have been using Smartsheet for several years. We use it for a number of different uses, including value engineering, scheduling, task management. Most recently I have started using it for meeting minutes and to administer RFP's.

I am excited to find out how others are using Smartsheet in design, construction and development. I would love to not have to invent the wheel every time I start working on a solution!

Thanks

• JeremiahHorstick
    JeremiahHorstick ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Mike Zimmerman!

I've been using Smartsheet for RFPs for quite some time. I'd like to show you what we do and see what you think.

-Jeremiah