How to use Form response to retrieve the right template?

I have 7 templates for client renewal. I want to create a workflow either with a form or formulas, the user will select the right template for the client renewal and automatically added to the Master Client Renewal Project Plan.

Example 1 - Client Renewal - Template A

Example 2 - Client Renewal - Template B

Example 3 - Client Renewal - Template C

All 3 clients above have 3 different templates but they are all track on the same sheet with same fields. The difference are the task associated in the template.

How can I accomplish this using a form or formulas?

Thank you!

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Amanda Chu

Not sure I follow!

Are the templates one row or multiple rows/parent/children?

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi @Andrée Starå ,

They are not real Smartsheet Templates. I called them "templates" because the workflow is where 5 - 7 Project Managers will use these 7 sheets to select the types of Client Renewal they are. The 7 different Client Renewal sheets contain a parent row and children row underneath. There are different tasks associated to each sheet. Attached is a sample screenshot.

Thanks and let me know if you have any other questions.

Amanda

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Amanda Chu

I hope you're well and safe!

Excuse the late response.

Crazy times and I missed coming back to you.

Have you solved it, or do you still need help?

Happy New Year & Stay safe!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!