Android app; going straight to last line of a sheet

edited 09/26/20 in Using Smartsheet
09/26/20 Edited 09/26/20
Answered - Pending Review

My customer uses a sheet with more than 10 000 rows long. I need to be able to access last lines with android app without scrolling down from the top of the sheet....

What is the command to do this simple thing ? It would be in my opinion a nonsense that such a command doesn't exist. Impossible to tell my customer he has to scroll down for several minutes and that Smartsheet is designed to help saving time and improve operational efficiency. I surely miss something...

Same question for going to the first line from anywhere I am in the sheet .

Thanks for tour help. This is a really key and basic feature. And I have to get back quickly to my customer.

Thanks

John

Tags:

Answers

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @J.A. COUCKE

Unfortunately, as far as I know, it's not possible at the moment to use Go To Row on mobile, but it's an excellent idea!

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment

As a possible workaround, you could add a so-called helper column with the row number and search to find the row.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET PARTNER & CONSULTANT / EXPERT

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

• Hi @Andrée Starå

Thanks for your reply. I've just submitted an enhancement request as in my opinion it's a key basic feature that has to be available since large files are now possible. I am looking forward hearing soon that it's prioritized and implemented with high priority.

I will try a workaround in the meantime, Thanks for your idea and I wish you too a great week-end Andree!

John

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

@J.A. COUCKE

Excellent!

You're more than welcome!

Yes, I agree now we have such large sheets that it makes absolute sense to have the Go To Row feature on mobile.

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET PARTNER & CONSULTANT / EXPERT

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.