Current vs. Next Due Date

Options

We have a list of software/hardware/contract obligations. Currently it is setup to provide 30, 60, and 90 day reminders (based on current the due date) to the interested parties so our contracts and licenses do not expire.

I am wondering if there is a way to update a renewal date for the following year once it has been completed for the current year.

I was thinking of adding a "completed date" column, and adding a "next due Date" column with a formula to that adds a year to the "completed date" -- but I'm getting lost with how to handle the future reminders, that were set to the current due date.

What is the best way to facilitate this need?

Thank you!

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Donna T

Instead of using a different column, what about setting up an Update Request automation when Renewal Date is reached. That way you can easily change the date in the Renewal Date column to be next year's, or the next new date, right from either your email or another person's email. Then all your current automations will run again for this new date (instead of needing to make a new set of automations that are referencing the second column as a trigger).

Would an update request work for you? You can learn more about them in our Help Center (see here).

Cheers!

Genevieve

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!