Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

I cannot manually re-open manually collapsed columns.

Options

I have collapsed a few columns manually by dragging its header row borders but are now unable to open them back up. Even if I use my browser zoom button to precisely select the border the double arrow cursor will only select either column to the left or right of all the manually collapsed columns.  I can verify the columns exist and are still editable in Card View mode. Is there a way to force these columns to a size I can get at them in Grid View?

Comments

• Try to mark range of columns that will surround hidden one, press right button and choose unhide. It should work.

• Jason
    Jason Employee
    Options

Hi Miles

As an alternative to Krzysztof's suggestion you can right click on any column header and select 'unhide All Columns.'

• Miles Harrison
    edited 02/02/17
    Options

I did try those suggestions to no avail but what did work was:

I held down the Control button while clicking in between where the 2 visible columns to either side of the collapsed columns (there is about a 2 px visual indication that there is a hidden range of columns). This appeared to highlight about a 1 px wide border of a collapsed column. Then I double clicked and it auto-expanded the column. I did have to do this for each column that was collapsed.

To be clear, the columns were not "Hidden" but were manually collapsed by moving their borders with the double-arrowed cursor.

This discussion has been closed.