Data View Restriction

anilkrag1984
anilkrag1984 ✭✭
edited 10/03/20 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello Team

I have requirement wherein I want to restrict my Sales rep to view each others data, I did checked the solution posted by Mr Mike on 2018. But that still doesn't solve the problem as the users can still see the each others data after removing the filter.

For example as shown in the attachement Sales Agent shouldn't view each others data.

But that solution was provided 2 years back do we have any workaround for this?

Thanks

Anil Raghav

Answers

• Ramzi K
    Ramzi K ✭✭✭✭✭

@anilkrag77641 Anil, the challenge with any type of data "isolation" like you are trying to do is that you ultimately need to give the user access to the entire underlying sheet which means they can see everyone's information.

Your best bet is to use a premium app called Dynamic View.

I hope this helps.

Ramzi

Ramzi Khuri - Principal Consultant @ Cedar Tree Consulting (www.cedartreeconsulting.com)

Feel free to email me: ramzi@cedartreeconsulting.com

💡 If this post helped you out, please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @anilkrag77641

I'd recommend creating one sheet for each sales rep and by using cross-sheet formulas, collect the data from the main sheet to the individual sheets, or you could (if you have access) use the new WorkApps feature.

What do you think?

Which option do you prefer?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.