If / Then using the red, yellow, green

Options

I am new to Smartsheets, so this may be a basic knowledge question ...

I'm trying to use the red, yellow, green, (really just red and green) for the following scenario ...

Start date is 10/1/20, due date is 10/6/20, another column for completed date.

Using the completed date if it is <due date, then green, if it is finish date, then red. Here is what I have . The green works, but I can't get the red to display.

=IF(Completed7 < Due7, "Green"), IF(Completed7 > Due7, "Red")

Thank you in advance !

Best Answers

Answers

• Tammy Luther
    Tammy Luther ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you !! I am somewhat new to writing if then statements and figured it was the parenthesis, but just could not get it figured out. Looks to be working. 😀

• M Underbrink
    M Underbrink ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Awesome! Glad it's working. 😊

• Tammy Luther
    Tammy Luther ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The green / red status symbol displays based on the date entered, but now as I start to populate, it shows green on all columns even through I don't have any data in the completed column yet. When I display the sheet, it kind of is misleading as it shows future dates as green. Is there a way I can put in there to only use the status if there is data in the completed column?

Does this make sense?

• Tammy Luther
    Tammy Luther ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hey Mark,

I'm still new to this chat thing and it seems like I may be missing something here ... I wanted to see if there was a way to not show any status (red/green) if there is no date entered into the column it is pulling data for the if/then. Do you have any thoughts?

• Tammy Luther
    Tammy Luther ✭✭✭✭
    Options

FANTATIC !!! Thank you so much for the help.

Seems like I will be learning if/then statements with an awesome new tool !!: :)