I want to copy row information automatically based on if a certain colomn is filled in

But I don't want to take the WHOLE row, I just want a couple columns. Is there a formula? I know there is an automation workflow, but that moves the whole row (all the columns). I just want 4 columns to be copied to this other sheet.

Best Answer

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Tracy PIneda

You can either copy the row and hide the columns you don’t want to show or use cross-sheet formulas VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH to only show the columns you’d like in the other sheet.

Make sense?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• @Andrée Starå

It makes sense but it needs to be automated, so that when a new row gets added to the first sheet 4 columns of the original sheet get placed in the destination sheet. The original sheet has 30+ coloumns.... I am going to try the formulas that you mentioned.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Tracy PIneda

Happy to help!

The simplest method would be to add either an auto-number column and a so-called helper column in the Destination sheet where you add the numbers manually, and then you'd use that for the cross-sheet formula. (if you don't have any other unique values, we can use instead)

Make sense?

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Here is a pic of the original sheet; I want to transfer the Date, Client ID, Last Name, First Name, Participant and YMHFA Cohort to the follwing sheet. Client ID is an Auto number column. What would that formula look like? What is the helper column? Some days I feel so good at this, others I feel like I don't know anything

😕

Here is the destination sheet I want to autofill the Client ID, participant, phone number and YMHFA Cohort.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Tracy

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Tracy PIneda

I saw that Danielle answered already!

Let me know if I can help with anything else!

Best,

Andrée

• @Danielle Arteaga thanks a bunch, so helpful. I am going to try that out in a few!

Tracy