Formula Issue with Symbols

Hi

I used to be able to create a formula for a column that had a symbol that would automatically populate for example if Level="Milestone", "Yes","No" and this would automatically put a Star in the place where the task was shown as a milestone.

This now only shows the word yes. I have deleted the formula and then converted the field to text/name so that I can see what the input should be, and it is "Yes" or "No".

Does anyone know if this is an issue? It now seems to remove the row number so that you get at row function but this is not great. Are there any issues that anyone knows off? I have been using this facility for a lot of projects so need that to return please.

Thanks

Purnima

Purnima Gore

Cierr Limited

Your Time is Important, you want to Stay on Track, We can help you use the Right Tools

https://www.cierr.com

Best Answer

• Purnima Gore
    Purnima Gore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi

This is now resolved.

Whilst the text that may appear in the column is true and false if you change the column type to test what appears, the correct formula is

=if(Level@row="Milestone", 1,0) it uses one and zero for creating a flag.

Kind regards

Purnima

Thanks for coming back to me Smartsheet support

Purnima Gore

Cierr Limited

Your Time is Important, you want to Stay on Track, We can help you use the Right Tools

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Cierr

Can you maybe share some screenshots and the formula you're using? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help.

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Purnima Gore
    Purnima Gore ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi

I have just seen what the problem is

Where it doesn't work

If the field where the formula refers to is a single dropdown field it shows as true

It also doesn't work if you use Level@row either. I do hope they fix this as I have a programme plan running and I am doing reports based on row items that I have highlighted as milestones.

Where it does work

If I change the column type to a text column it works

If you use any of the items from green tick, amber and red

I need to get this escalated as it was working just fine and it isn't now.

I have a number of reports that I have based on task items being classed as milestones.

Purnima Gore

Cierr Limited

• Purnima Gore
    Purnima Gore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi

This is now resolved.

Whilst the text that may appear in the column is true and false if you change the column type to test what appears, the correct formula is

=if(Level@row="Milestone", 1,0) it uses one and zero for creating a flag.

Kind regards

Purnima

Thanks for coming back to me Smartsheet support

Purnima Gore

Cierr Limited

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 10/10/20

@Cierr

Excellent!

Happy that you got it working!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!