Multi Page Formula dragging:

I am working with multiple data sheets where my formula draws information from the same cell in 4 sheets, i.e. =SUM({pg1 cell1}, {pg2 cell1}). The formula works correctly, but when I try to tag and drag or C/P the formula into the rest of the cells in the column, it simple duplicates the same original cells, rather than adapting the data for the new cells.

So if I drag the cell to copy the formula to cell 2, it still reads =SUM({pg1 cell1}, {pg2 cell1}) rather than =SUM({pg1 cell1}, {pg2 cell2}).

As the core Sheet is a summary of a rows from other sheets, I can't write them all myself, so it is a deal breaker if I can't make this work in Smarsheet.

Thanks for any assistance.

Best Answer

Answers

• Thanks for the reply David.

Just spoiled from doing this internally in Excel for so long. Sounds like tome for a workaround perhaps just pulling the data into hidden columns and going from there.

Thanks again,

• David Tutwiler
    David Tutwiler Overachievers Alumni

Smartsheet does take a bit of a different approach in thinking about certain solutions, this coming from a previous Excel junky. But trust me, stick with it. It's worth it in the long run.

Good luck!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!