using COUNTIFS and Contains when referencing different sheets

Options

Trying to count following:

Any row on reference sheet in the applications column that is equal to "EpicCare Acute", Training Impact Column ="High" and Role column contains "MD" (it is Text data type with entries separated by columns, not multiple select dropdown). I have tried everything and works fine until I use Contains. The contains column that I am referencing is not contact list type as I saw that was an issue in an earlier post. Any help appreciated.

=COUNTIFS({Copy of Nova Note Combined Applications 2}, "EpicCare Acute", {Copy of Nova Note Combined Training Impact}, "High", {Copy of Nova Note Combined Role}, (CONTAINS("MD", {Copy of Nova Note Combined Role})))

Answers

• Ramzi K
    Ramzi K ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@John Fricker

John, try replacing your last {Copy of Nova Note Combined Role} in the contains with @cell. That should do the trick. So your formula should look like this:

=COUNTIFS({Copy of Nova Note Combined Applications 2}, "EpicCare Acute", {Copy of Nova Note Combined Training Impact}, "High", {Copy of Nova Note Combined Role}, (CONTAINS("MD", @cell)))

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Ramzi

Ramzi Khuri - Principal Consultant @ Cedar Tree Consulting (www.cedartreeconsulting.com)

Feel free to email me: ramzi@cedartreeconsulting.com

💡 If this post helped you out, please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful.

• John Fricker
    Options

Thank you so much for the quick response and ending my frustration. With this solved I can finish tabulating the rest of the data.

• Ramzi K
    Ramzi K ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@John Fricker

Glad to help!

Cheers,

Ramzi

Ramzi Khuri - Principal Consultant @ Cedar Tree Consulting (www.cedartreeconsulting.com)

Feel free to email me: ramzi@cedartreeconsulting.com

💡 If this post helped you out, please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!