Sheet links does not update automatically

Mindfull
Mindfull ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I have one column of a sheet linked to one master sheet using Cell Linking.

Just to add on to the information, the linked column in the master sheet is auto numbered and creates a unique ID of each row. The other columns in the linked sheet fetches the row information from the master sheet based on the INDEX(MATCH) formula. The auto number generates whenever a form linked to the master sheet is filled up by any form user.

Now the challenge I am facing is that the Cell Links does not get updated automatically whenever the Master sheet get the new auto number or ID. Can anyone help on why it is happening?

Prajna

Answers

• Ramzi K
    Ramzi K ✭✭✭✭✭

@Prajna Jain

INDEX(MATCH) references a row number not an auto number in a row. So if you are pointing your formula at at autogenerated column it may not work.

Can you please include some screenshots if you need additional assistance?

Cheers,

Ramzi

Ramzi Khuri - Principal Consultant @ Cedar Tree Consulting (www.cedartreeconsulting.com)

Feel free to email me: ramzi@cedartreeconsulting.com

💡 If this post helped you out, please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful.

• Mindfull
    Mindfull ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ramzi K 

Thanks for the reply but i have issue with the sheet linking...the formula related information is just to add on to how my sheet are structured.

• Ramzi K
    Ramzi K ✭✭✭✭✭

@Prajna Jain

Perhaps screen shots would be helpful in this case.

Ramzi Khuri - Principal Consultant @ Cedar Tree Consulting (www.cedartreeconsulting.com)

Feel free to email me: ramzi@cedartreeconsulting.com

💡 If this post helped you out, please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful.