Stop the Form Submission if "no"

Hi everyone, i'm developing an online form for our organization. We have several questions around, have they been consulted, etc.

Is their a feature under logic that can allow us to stop the form if they select no?

i.e: if they select no, they can no longer submit the form?

Any work arounds?

Thanks,

Best Answer

Answers

• Hello! I am trying to work through some similar issues - stop form submittal or having the submit button greyed out based on certain answers or non-answers. Can you provide more details on setting up the sheet automation to move those submission rows to another sheet? That would be helpful.

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Rachel, you can use the following settings to move the rows to a new sheet.

1. Make a copy of your current sheet and delete all the data.
    2. Set up a new Workflow automation.
    3. set it so that it runs whenever your yes/no column changes.
    4. Set the condition for when the yes/no column = no
    5. Set the command to move to sheet and select the sheet that you copied in step 1.

When your row is entered as no, it will move the entire row to the new sheet.

• If anyone from smartsheet is looking at this, I would like to see this be an added feature! I was trying to do the exact same thing on one of my submission forms. It will not work to filter the data off to an alt form because I have to be able to see when they select no and hound them to get the submission approve by the POC.

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You could create a separate sheet for "needing approvals" which could alert you when new rows are added. Then when they say no... it would move the data to the new sheet and alert you to start the hounding.

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You could also add automatic update requests to the sheet to hound the submitter and get them to seek approvals.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Lila De Vera

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to Mike's excellent advice/answer.

You can set fields as required and combine them with the Conditional Logic feature, and then they can't submit the form.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Trisha
    Trisha ✭✭

@Andrée Starå I am having a similar need. How would you combine required fields and conditional Logic feature so a form would not submit. I am wanting the form to not submit if they answer no and send them a message.

Trisha

• Samscho
    Samscho ✭✭✭

I wanted to try to solve this problem by having logic that says

If "no" is selected, display new checkbox field.

Make the checkbox field required.

Make the checkbox field hidden.

That way the form could never be submitted since it would be missing a required field and users wouldn't have the ability to check the box.

But Smartsheet doesn't allow hidden fields to be required. Why not?