Search

Purnima Gore
Purnima Gore ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi

The search facility is really helpful, however, is there a way to limit the search to the sheet or report that you are looking at?

For example I may want to search for a customer in a specific sheet, I want to use the search facility, but it shows where the customer is in all the sheets, not just the one that I am looking at.

I looked trying to add the sheet to a dashboard to see if that would work and it didn't.

Within the dynamic view it creates an un-named filter when it would be good if I could just filter without it saving the filter at all.

Thanks

Purnima

Purnima Gore

Cierr Limited

Your Time is Important, you want to Stay on Track, We can help you use the Right Tools

https://www.cierr.com

Tags:

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 10/13/20

Hi @cierr

I use CMD + Shift + F on Mac all the time to search the sheet I'm working on. I also select a specific column or range to search that column or range for a client, or similar.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• I was searching my entire SMAR instance for a person's phone number in a cell. Martin was the name and search returned a jillion useless snippets of the string.

By putting an asterisk wildcard at the end, my search behaved as I intended: I got names of Martins and found the one I was looking for...after expanding the search window wide enough to see it in the text string! lol

Anyway, thank you–I didn't know I could use these search parameters.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @ckemstr

I hope you're well and safe!

Excellent!

Glad to hear it was helpfull!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.