Conditional Formatting based on the status of Predecessors / Dependencies

Hi,

I'm looking to use Smartsheet to track the overall status of our software development team's progress. I'd like to be able to quickly identify any tasks in a list that are blocking other tasks from being completed.

For example, a task on say row 11 is dependent on row 2. Row 11 has a status of 'blocked' because of some outstanding work required to complete row 2. I'd like to highlight row 2 in a different colour in order to draw attention to the fact that it is blocking other work.

How might I achieve this?

Thanks! Glen

Best Answer

Answers

• Ramzi K
    Ramzi K ✭✭✭✭✭

@Glen Sykes

Have you tried conditional formatting?

Cheers,

Ramzi

Ramzi Khuri - Principal Consultant @ Cedar Tree Consulting (www.cedartreeconsulting.com)

Feel free to email me: ramzi@cedartreeconsulting.com

💡 If this post helped you out, please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful.

• Hi Ramzi,

Yes, this is a question as to whether conditional formatting can achieve what I'm trying to do. With the standard rules you can choose from, it appears that you cannot (i.e. formatting a row based on values in a different row)

Cheers, Glen

• Neat! Didn't realise you could embed formulae in checkboxes.

Thanks very much, I'll try this shortly :)

• Ramzi K
    Ramzi K ✭✭✭✭✭

@Glen Sykes

👍

Cheers,

Ramzi

Ramzi Khuri - Principal Consultant @ Cedar Tree Consulting (www.cedartreeconsulting.com)

Feel free to email me: ramzi@cedartreeconsulting.com

💡 If this post helped you out, please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful.