Increase width of form?

Hi, In the current era, is there a reason that Smartsheet forms are less than 600px wide ("classic" and "plain") or a measly 475px wide ("modern")? Given that monitors, even on laptops, are over 1900 px wide I don't follow the logic of making forms narrow and tall.

Certainly, one would think that the name "modern" would imply that the form is intended for modern web pages.

Is there a way to make forms say, 1000px wide? Am I missing a setting?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Dan Snodgrass

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to change the size. I think it's because it needs to be compatible with mobile devices, but I agree it would be excellent to make them wider and more flexible.

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• TJ North
    TJ North ✭✭✭✭

This is an excellent suggestion. I understand the need for submitting an enhancement request ... unfortunately, there isn't any way for us to see whether or not the request above has been requested by others, if it has been considered or not, or anything else about the product roadmap.

I find the conversations on the Smartsheet Community extremely valuable for the insights and solutions to common problems, but these "enter an enhancement request" threads frustratingly seem to ultimately go into a black hole of no return.

• This would be an extremely helpful feature! We have been trying to create forms that are going to be completed by clients, and many have accessibility concerns such vision impairments and don't necessarily have the technical knowledge to adjust browser zoom levels.

• I would like to add that this would be a nice feature. Additioanlly, if the width cannot change, can the form setup page conform to the width of the chosen format? I just finished a long form, and had chosen the Horizontal Radio Buttons format for the dropdown layout. In the setup page all choices were arranged in on row, but the acutal form has the choices on two rows.

Thanks,

Mike