Alerting Someone

Options

Hi

We are using the PTO & Project Staffing Template set and I would like to know if I'm able to set up an alert if someone exceeds their hours for the week?

Currently it only shows as red on the Master Resource Roll up so, users are having to constantly flick between the two sheets to see the week they have over allocated to projects and then flick back to update the PTO & Project Staffing Template.

Is there a better way of doing this?

Many thanks

Tags:

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Cheryl Collins

The Resource Rollup in this template is using a SUMIF formula to create a calculation and see total hours per-person, per-week. You can set up an alert from this Rollup sheet, as it's the sheet that is able to measure the total hours, however the source sheet won't be able to send alerts as it doesn't have this summary.

I would suggest creating a filter on the source sheet per-person so that if you see they're marked as Red in the Rollup you can quickly go to the sheet and filter down the rows to only view their associated rows... like this:

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Cheryl Collins
    Cheryl Collins ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Genevieve

I have already set up this kind of filter but used the 'Current User' filter rather than one of everybody on my sheet (as there are about 50).

The issue is still people having to flick between sheets. Ideally the PTO & Project Staffing list should total the number of hours for each member of staff for each week and if they are over a certain amount of hours I want to be able to send an alert for them to review and update.

Alas, I think this is just another limitation of smartsheet I have come across!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!