Conditional formatting on large sheets

Hello, I have been applying conditional formatting in smaller sheets to highlight specific values. It is easy when there are only a handful of columns, but when the number of columns is over 70 it can start to be cumbersome. Is there an easier way to highlight a specific value than cloning a rule 70 times?

Answers

• Hi @Maureen Barger

Would you mind explaining your current rules a little more? Conditional formatting can be set for an entire row, so it can span across all 70 column in one rule.

A screen capture of your sheet with an explanation of what formatting you need would be helpful, but please block out any sensitive data.

Cheers!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• StacyDe
    StacyDe ✭✭

I've come across this post because I was searching for a similar answer. Basically I need each cell evaluated and colored individually. if the cell > 1 then green. So far I've cloned the rule 4 times - I have 100+ columns so just looking for another idea.

• Hi @StacyDe

Based on your sheet set-up, you would need to clone the rule for each column for the Conditional Formatting to be able to look into each cell of your sheet. Please submit your feedback to the Product Team about what you'd like to see in Smartsheet so they can hear about your use-case with this form, here!

Thanks,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now