How do I add or edit on my Smartsheet? I am only able to view it.

Answers

• Hi @ruthwik chegu ramesh

There could be a few reasons why this specific sheet is View Only. The first thing to check is your permissions on the sheet - has the sheet owner given you permissions to make edits? Click on the person icon in the top-right to view your permissions on this sheet. (See our Help Center, here, for more information on Permissions).

The next thing to check is to see if you can make edits to the sheet when you open it from your computer, versus through the Smartsheet mobile application.

If these were sheets you created that suddenly changed to read-only, another reason for this could be if your initial 30-day trial has ended (see here for more information on the trial).

If none of this has helped, please contact our Support team and provide them with this same screen capture, the sheet name, the sheet owner, and a screen capture of your view when you access it from a computer instead of the mobile application. They'll be able to help you with this privately one-on-one and discuss account details with you.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now