Dashboard Attachements or Link (Shortcut Widget)

AaronM
AaronM ✭✭✭
edited 11/09/20 in Smartsheet Basics

In a dashboard I would like to attach a document using the Shortcut widget. Ideally, I would like to attach the file from OneDrive; however, this results with issues due to sharing permissions originating in OneDrive. It The dashboard is external, My company has OneDrive locked down to internal users, and sharing externally is email address by email address... which isn't feasble based on this being a published dashboard.

I have tried attaching the document to the smartsheet and then using the URL to that uploaded sheet to create the Dashboard URL Shortcut. This works for about 10 minutes and then the link errors out and the following message is displayed "This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below."

How can I upload a document to a dashboard in form of a shortcut with out having to worry about permissions or errors?

edit.. I pulled the files over to my personal Google Drive and created a link that was accessible to anyone (no permissions needed). This works, while not necessarily ideal, it is a funcional work around.

Are there any other option I may have overlooked?

Best Answer

Answers