Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Formatting automated email notifications

2»

Comments

• Did not see an answer to this but yes you can customize the subject line and body.  {{column name}} will put the content in the subject line and you can customize an email doing the same thing.

• DeLeah Vogt
    DeLeah Vogt ✭✭✭

I would also like to see the ability to format the font in the body of the email to make it stand out from the rest of the email.   The eye tends to go to the sheet title, which is in a much larger font.  Therefore, the message at the top is often times overlooked by the reader of the email.  See attached for an example.

SS Email Notification.pdf_.jpg

• Hi Shaine, 

Where can you go to vote for improvements? 

Thank you!

• latsyrcg3
    latsyrcg3 ✭✭✭

Any update on this? I need to customize what is sent out when someone is mentioned in a comment. I have a long task list and most users have it filtered to their tasks only, but a comment could be generated for another person's task. The email shows the sheet name and row number. It would be helpful if I could specify the task description so people understood what the comment was in relation to. It would also help if I could include the Task ID so they could locate the task.

• Is there a recommendation on what 3rd party app to use for formatting these messages?

Could a different option be a workflow action that makes a web API request so we can create our custom email format? It would be more efficient for me to setup an endpoint at which the workflow sends the data along, as opposed to making API calls to Smartsheet every minute to parse data in the sheet.

Thanks for reading!

• Hi, Anyone knows how to remove the row ID in the email, ie. Row 13 in this attachment?

Please advise.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.