Adding

Hello,

I am looking for help in smartsheets. I use it for work as I heard it was just as good, if not better then excel.

However, so far I find Smartsheet really hard to use and understand. I have been making budgets, chats, etc for a couple years in excel and I am pretty good at it. However, when I use Smartsheet I feel like I am starting all over again.

I have been trying to do a formula that will track the number of vacation days used and left. But, I can not for the life of me get any formula I use to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciate.

Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Evan Fowler ,

Hang in there! While smartsheets and excel are similar in the way you construct formulas, they are not the same. Keep learning and you'll be a smartsheet pro very soon.

As for your formula, I'd need to see what you're doing to help. Can you attach a screen shot of your grid and the formulas that are giving you problems?

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• Evan Fowler
    Evan Fowler ✭✭✭

Hello Mark,

Thank you for getting back to me so fast. I have attached a screen shot. I gave my staff 15 days vacation a year. I want it so that 'Vacation Days Entitled' goes down when someone books X amount of days off. But I also want it so that under the 'Number of Vacation Days Lift' it calculates how many you have left.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!