"% Complete" Column Automatically Updating itself incorrectly

We have a persistant frustrating problem on only 1 sheet that is causing us significant issues. For some unknown reason, the WIP % (or "% Complete" as SS call it)

on a Gannt sheet seems to be mysteriously changing to 100%, but no-one is actually doing this.

It always seems to be a user called "VX Team Leader" (which is an active user within the company), and it always changes all children lines, and therefore the parent line too, to 100% (not any other % in between).

It often is doing it on jobs where we are changing the WIP % on other children lines, but i have overseen them updating it a number of times and they are not misinputting data. 

We have reset the password for "VX Team Leader", so if someone else was logged in as this user and was making the changes, that has now been ruled out. 

Does anyone know if this is a known issue, or if there is some typical known causes for this? Is there any formula or link from a report that may be writing back for some unknown reason? I have attached a screenshot of the changes happening on a typical job, and can share someone in to the sheet if that helps but does need sorting urgently, as it drives all our management figures & reports.

Answers

• Aravind GP
    Aravind GP ✭✭✭

Hi Grant,

I can try to help you look into this. Please check if the % Complete column has any formulas on it. If you want me to look into your sheet, you can share it with me at aravind@copernicusworld.com.

Thanks,

Aravind

Associate Director

Copernicus Consulting Pte. Ltd.

P: +65 9230 5657 | E: aravind@copernicusworld.com

Feel free to reach out for licenses, services, and training on Smartsheet

• Good morning - i have temporarily shared you into this sheet to see if you can help with this issue. 

You will see that Antonio Andres has changed all teh WIP % to the correct values for the job numbers 24626-1 to 6. In a matter of time, i expect these to revert to 100% 

I cant see any formulas but will be glad of your thoughts.

GRANT DAVIES

P: +44 (0) 7585965795

E: grant@tgs-group.com

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @grant53396

I'd be happy to take a quick look as well if you'd like another couple of eyes on the issue.

Can you maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s)? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.