How can I only have an attachment sent via a workflow

At the moment I receive pay statement requests from staff. I have already created the workflow where if I make the attachment it will trigger the message. My problem is that it also sends the link to the page, and the recipients continue to request access to the sheet. I do not see any other options that do not include the page or links.

Is there any way I can set it up to only send the attachment automatically? Even if it does not send a message?

Thanks!

I have attached the message for reference

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @ANA G ,

Hope you are fine, check the following Screen shot, i think as i understand from your request that you are sending alert message when you attached the file, so just select in your message to the user the third option "Message Only".

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @ANA G

Unfortunately, as far as I know, it's not possible now to include the attachment, but not the link to the sheet, but it's an excellent idea!

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week & Happy Thanksgiving!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @ANA G 

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!