Using placeholders in a date triggered automation

I have a weekly report which goes out listing the current actions outstanding for certain departments. I'd prefer not to give them access to the whole sheet so I have set up reports for department and I want to include the seperate links in the send out.

I'm currently using a vlookup column and stating which contacts its to go to via that but if I do the same for a link palceholder and add that to the email it repeats the message as many times as there were actions.

Is there any way round this?

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Ricky Woodage,

Hope you are fine, from what i understand from your post you can create automation to sent alert message weekly for this department and add condition in this automation to check if the current actions is outstanding and the contact of this action is a member of the target department. and include the link for your report in this message.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• That is a way round it but it means setting up alerts for each individual department rather than how I have it set up at the moment where it goes to Contact in Cell and the cell has a vlookup to the relavent department's contacts.

This way I only have to create and maintain one alert and not 12. So if, for example, I want to make a change to the message that goes out. I don't have to repeat it 12 times.