How do I do a data recovery in Smartsheets

11/30/20
Answered - Pending Review

One of my users has corrupted the data in a multiuser sheet and they dont know how they have done it, How do I get back to an earlier version of the sheet from say 2 hours previous

Answers

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Joanne Mccune

Unfortunately, it's not possible now to go back to an earlier version, but it's an excellent idea!

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment

As a possible workaround, you could check the cell-history or the Activity Log.

If you haven’t already, I would also recommend that you reach out to the Smartsheet Support Team to see if they can help.

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET PARTNER & CONSULTANT / EXPERT

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

• Bassam KhalilBassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 12/01/20

Hi @Joanne Mccune

Hope you are fine, if you take backup in the previous date you can restore the data with that date only

PMP Certified

[email protected]

www.mobilproject.it

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Bassam KhalilBassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Joanne Mccune

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

PMP Certified

[email protected]

www.mobilproject.it

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"