Look up and populate user info when a form is submitted?

Hello! Is there a way to have Smartsheet recognize a form user's employee ID that's been stored in a preloaded employee-ID spreadsheet and then use that info to autofill the new row in the workspace with the user's corresponding Department ID, Manager Name, email, etc. (assuming all that info is already in the user spreadsheet)? The user is always prompted to enter their employee ID when completing the form.

I'm sure I could enter formulas in each cell of the workspace to point to those cells in the reference worksheet, but I'm looking for a way to have Smartsheet recognize the ID when the form is submitted and auto-complete the info instead of doing it manually. If there's an existing help page on this topic, please link. Thank you!

Best Answer

Answers

• You could try using the column formula. It would still require you to fill out the formula for each column you would want to pull the information off of, but it would auto-fill the rest of the rows as the form adds.

https://www.smartsheet.com/content-center/product-news/release-notes/column-formulas?iOS=

you just need the right formula type, so if it's vlookup, you would want vlookup(employeeid@row, search table, column number, true)

• Looks good, I'll give it a try. Thank you!