Dynamic view isn't affecting current users - view is same.

Options
Sofia Fernandez
Sofia Fernandez ✭✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hi there,

I have tried to set up a dynamic view for current user, but when I hit save, the users still see ALL data. I have tried to restrict it by current user AND by sheet filter. Neither seems to be working...

Any ideas? The view is also

I've also shared it to the team who is originally shared on the underlying document.

What I want to happen is that they either: don't have access to the underlying document and can see the columns selected by Dynamic View OR have access to the underlying document and still only see the columns selected by Dynamic view.

Appreciate any help!

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Sofia Fernandez

Your description at the end ("they don't have access to the underlying document and can see the columns selected by Dynamic View") is exactly how Dynamic View should work (see here). I've tested my own View and it filters by the Current User Contact Column as expected when I save my settings like you have above.

I would recommend reaching out to Smartsheet Support with a screen capture of the underlying sheet (showing rows with contacts assigned), then a screen capture of how the view is set up (like above), and a final screen capture showing that all rows are appearing for one of the users who is selected in the Contact column you're filtering by.

It is unexpected behaviour that a view Restricted by Current User would show any rows that are not assigned to that user, so Support will be able to troubleshoot this with you one-on-one in a more private setting where you can share information such as contact email addresses and sheet names, etc.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Sofia Fernandez
    Sofia Fernandez ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks @Genevieve P I'll try that.