How do I share/publish a sheet to user without a Smartsheet Account?

I want to share a sheet (and form) to our whole company to get information from them. I want them to be able to review the sheet and I included the separate form link if they wanted to add anything.

I clicked the publish link, made it read only - full and Edit by Anyone, and sent that "get link" URL and they are telling me they don't have access.

Am I missing something or is this still possible?

Thanks!

Katie

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Katherine Franklin

Strange! It should work.

What happens when they click the link?

Make sure that you've selected the Available to anyone with the link option.

I'd be happy to take a quick look.

Can you maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s)? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Yes, the Available to Anyone with a link is clicked.

They get a notification saying: You don't have access to this item. I will share with you so you can take a look, Thank you!

Katie

• Similar problem. I have published a dashboard (available to anyone with the link option, read only-full) and confirmed that individuals that don't have permission to underlying reports and sheets cannot access them. I want non-admin staff to be able to view any of the reports listed under "Contact Lists." How do I allow non-admin staff to open contact lists without having to share the report individually with each of them ?