Precentage Formula

Hi,

I'd like to have a Precentage of how satisfied the clients assigned to my worker: "Jack", how satisfied they are.

So i have a Column: "Worker", and a Column "Amount", for each client the worker ads an amount to the "Amount" column, of how satisfied they are (1-10),

I tried the below formula, but this is only an average, and not a precentage.

=ROUND(SUMIF(Worker:Worker, "JACK", Amount:Amount) / COUNTIF(Worker:Worker, "JACK"), 0)

Can you there pls help me with a such a Precentage formula?

Thank you!

Best Answer

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi@A Rose ,

It's common to use an average satisfaction score. Your formula works fine, but you could also use =AVERAGEIF(worker:worker, ="Jack",  amount:amount)

To calculate a percent satisfied you need to know what scores you consider satisfied. If you consider 9d and 10s satisfied the formula would be:

=ROUND(COUNTIFS(Amount:Amount, >=9, Worker:Worker, "JACK") / COUNTIF(Worker:Worker, "JACK"), 2)

Is that what you're looking for?

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi@A Rose ,

It's common to use an average satisfaction score. Your formula works fine, but you could also use =AVERAGEIF(worker:worker, ="Jack",  amount:amount)

To calculate a percent satisfied you need to know what scores you consider satisfied. If you consider 9d and 10s satisfied the formula would be:

=ROUND(COUNTIFS(Amount:Amount, >=9, Worker:Worker, "JACK") / COUNTIF(Worker:Worker, "JACK"), 2)

Is that what you're looking for?

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• A Rose
    A Rose ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Mark Cronk ,

I’m just not sure what is the “/“ & what is the last numeric for?

thank you!

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@A Rose ,

Happy to explain. The "/" is divide; you're dividing the # of 9 or 10s by the total # of responses to produce a percentage. The 2 goes with the ROUND function. It rounds the result to 2 decimal places which is a percent.

Let's break the formula down:

Round the answer to 2 decimal places =ROUND( [percentage calculation] , 2)

[Percentage calculation]

Count the number of responses 9 or greater for worker Jack: COUNTIFS(Amount:Amount, >=9, Worker:Worker, "JACK")

Divided by: /

Count the number of total responses for Jack: COUNTIF(Worker:Worker, "JACK")

Does it work for you?

Mark

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!