New Report Functionalities

Smartsheet has removed the Report Builder functionality and I cannot find any new training on how to use the new functionality. Can anyone point me in the direction for the updated training on reports? I've looked everywhere and all training available is on the old Report Builder that no longer exists.

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 12/10/20

Hi @Amanda McGregor 

Hope you are fine, i will create report for you step by step with screen shot and i hope it will help you to understand the process:

1- i have a sheet called "Create Report Training" from the menu create select report and select Row Report.

2- open the new report you created "Test Report" and open the menu "source sheet" and select the sheet "Create Report Training" then click ok

3- now select from the menu of the new report window the column tap and select witch column you want to view in your report and click ok

4- now select from the menu of the new report window the filter tap and select the field or multi field you will use it as a filter for your report and click ok

5- now select from the menu of the new report window the Sort tap and and select the field or multi field you will use it as a Sort for your report and click ok

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Thanks for this! My biggest issue is the filters. I want to pull "Assigned To" particular contacts to pull the report from multiple sheets but the contact naming fields are not consistent in each sheet I pull from. The naming conventions needs to be the same per sheet for it to work, as you can't go "equal to" an email address. This new function is not very user friendly when it comes to pulling "Assigned To" fields. Do you know how I can manage the contact list across all users so I can make all the naming fields the same?