Query String being cleared on forced login for forms if users not already logged into smartsheet

L_123
L_123 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I have many sheets that populate query strings via formulas, then communicate the appended form url to employees. Most of these require logins to smartsheet. If the employee is not already logged in to smartsheet, the form will take them to a login portal, where after they login they are redirected to the form. The issue is that through this process the query string is lost.

I can't think of any user-side solution to this, does anyone know if this is intentional design or a glitch?

Best Answer

• Ben Goldblatt
    Ben Goldblatt Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @L@123,

I'm not sure about an alternative solution for this, but I highly recommend reaching out to our Support team as they will be able to determine whether what you're experiencing with the missing Query Strings is expected behavior or if a bug needs to be filed.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Ben

Answers

• Ben Goldblatt
    Ben Goldblatt Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @L@123,

I'm not sure about an alternative solution for this, but I highly recommend reaching out to our Support team as they will be able to determine whether what you're experiencing with the missing Query Strings is expected behavior or if a bug needs to be filed.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Ben