Workflow Automations - Requesting an Update

What once worked no longer works with an automation for whatever reason. I had it working last week where once something is approved the workflow kicks out an update request, this works. I then have another update request underneath that which did work but now it doesn't... has something changed?

Do automations not like conditions that say "is not blank"? Is it because nothing specifically is triggering the Update request?

Best Answer

• Jenna Bailey
    Jenna Bailey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Mark Cronk, I removed the email address for the purpose of the post only.

Everything worked the previous week so I don't see why it wouldn't now. However, I did separate the last request out into its own workflow and everything is functioning as it should.

Answers

• Hi Jenna,

I'll take a shot at this.

To make sure I understand, you have two automations: the first sends out an update request and the second you want to activate after your update request is submitted?

Are your automation triggers based on rows being changed or are your automations based on new rows triggering the automation?

Jack

@Jenna Bailey

• Jenna Bailey
    Jenna Bailey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Jack, thanks for this.

See below for how I have this set up. Before the 'Request an update' is an Approval. I have deployed my own workaround, I suppose I am just frustrated as this was working last week.

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 12/17/20

HI @Jenna Bailey ,

Did you remove the email address from the initial Request and Update? The Send to Specific People is blank. If you masked that for the post, then I don't know what is happening. Everything looks good. I didn't know you could embed actions inside actions. Appreciate the lesson.

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• Jenna Bailey
    Jenna Bailey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Mark Cronk, I removed the email address for the purpose of the post only.

Everything worked the previous week so I don't see why it wouldn't now. However, I did separate the last request out into its own workflow and everything is functioning as it should.

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Glad you found a solution. Thanks for using the Community.

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.