Calculating a date in the future

Options

My use case:

I receive reports that need to have an SLA tracked. From the date I receive the report, I need to calculate the due date. If a report has a severity of Critical I need to calculate the report date +60 days, if High, the report date +90 days.

I have a severity column with CRITICAL, HIGH, MEDIUM & LOW, I want to calculate the SLA due date based on the date in the [Report Received] column, which is a date, and have the due date automatically calculate.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tags:

Best Answer

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 12/22/20 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Edward Townsend ,

In your [Severity Due Date] column, try:

IF([Severity]@row = "Critical", [report received]+60, IF([Severity]@row="High", [report received]+90, IF([Date received]@row="Medium", [report received]@row+ XXX, [report received]@row+XXX)))

You'll need to adjust the XXXs for the days required if medium or low.

Work?

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 12/22/20 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Edward Townsend ,

In your [Severity Due Date] column, try:

IF([Severity]@row = "Critical", [report received]+60, IF([Severity]@row="High", [report received]+90, IF([Date received]@row="Medium", [report received]@row+ XXX, [report received]@row+XXX)))

You'll need to adjust the XXXs for the days required if medium or low.

Work?

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• Edward Townsend
    Options

Thanks Mark! I needed to add @ row to the [report received], but otherwise worked like a charm!

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Excellent. Happy to help. Thanks for using the Community.

Mark

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!