Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Only show the most recent associated date in a report for a value that appears more than once

Graham F
Graham F
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

We are using smartsheet to track when facilities wihtin the organization are visited.  Essentially, we have a form that employees fill out indicating which facility they went to and when they went there.

I am have created a report that will show all facilities within the organization that have not been visited in a specified time period.  

I am wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to only the show the most recent visit date for a facility visit?  I don't need duplicates showing showing but I have not figured out how to do this if possible.  

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Graham,

There is no way to filter a Report like that.

Is the Report pulling from more than one sheet?

It sounds like the Report in paragraph 1 and 3 (showing visits) is different than the one in paragraph 2 (showing needed visits), or am I missing a nuance?

Depending on number of employees and number of facilities, you might consider creating a section of your sheet to capture the most recent visit. I've got some ideas on how to do that, but not a whole solution off the top of my head.

One other question, do all new rows enter at the bottom of the sheet and then are not moved?

Craig

This discussion has been closed.