Select Specific Rows in a Report to create a Chart

Options

Creating a chart in a dashboard:

Sourcing data from a Grid sheet you can select, i.e. Row 4, 5, 6 BUT if you are sourcing from a Report, then you can NOT select ONLY rows 4, 5, 6 for example.

Smartsheet automatically selects ALL rows in the Report to create the Chart.

The report I have, contains around 50 rows, which makes practically impossible to use the data in a column chart, which is how I want to display the data, therefore I'll (WANT TO) create 5 charts to display 10 items per chart.

Non-Smart Solution found:

To be able to provide data to each chart, I'll need to create multiple reports.

I don't think this is smart for a tool that has Smart in its name.

Why I can't select just specific rows from reports like we do with grids?

Ideas?

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Thiago Castro 

Hope you are fine, you can use the filter in the report to select the rows you want to show in your chart ( add a check box and select the rows you want then filter that )

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Thiago Castro
    Thiago Castro ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Bassam.M Khalil

If I filter the Report, automatically the chart will only display the data available and hide the rest.

I need to create 3 charts from the same report. Example:

Chart 1 - Data from Report (Row 1, 2 , 3)

Chart 2 - Data from the SAME report (Row 4, 5, 6)

Chart 3 - Data from the SAME report (Row 7, 8, 9)

If you manage to do that, please let me know. As far as I know, this is only possible with GRID not with Report.

Thanks

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Thiago Castro

Hope you are fine, you can do it in tow way:

1- you can save 3 copies of your report and each 1 with a different filter as per your selected rows.

2- you can link the data ( cell linking ) to a summary sheet and create your chart using the data in this sheet.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Thiago Castro
    Thiago Castro ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Bassam.M Khalil

I have done that before creating this thread, my point is, this is not Smart not productive.

Imagine if you have 500 rows. Anyway, moving on...

Thanks for the responses.