Do you have a Smartsheet Project template you would like to share?

I am moving a whole project into Template for a huge project of transferring another work from one Project Management tool (Workfront) to Smartsheet.

There may be changes and I have a good idea of what I want and have an outline but I am wondering if anyone has done this before and has a template they would like to share.

Any info would be great!

Thank you in advance!

ER 😎

Best Answer

Answers

• Chris Mondeau
    Chris Mondeau ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 01/07/21

@elizabeth.riebeling67146 If Workfront will allow you yo export as an MS project file, then Smartsheet can import that sheet with the hierarchy/dependencies. I'm a little fuzzy, but there might be some size limits to how many rows/columns are able to be imported immediately. If you hit that limit then you might break that project into phases, and import them as separate sheets in SS. From there could use a report to merge the data together, or the move row action to a single sheet.

Our team has been successful in migrations when we trim out columns/features from other tools to a lighter-weight solution, then build it back. Though overall I'd say it kind of depends on what data you're exporting from Workfront and want to use in Smartsheet.

Our tried and true is a basic project tracker with the following columns:

-Task

-Start Date

-End Date

-Duration

-% Complete

-Assigned

-Dependencies

• Janell Frontone
    Answer ✓

@elizabeth.riebeling67146 My team is in the process of converting our project portfolio from MS Project / PWA into SmartSheet. I'm happy to give you a contact to see if we can help!

JF

• Thank you!

I may have not explained my question correctly. I know how to export from Workfront and upload to Smartsheet with hierarchy and all that jazz.

I have a program that has 4 frameworks with many projects in each totaling 300.

What I am saying is that I have my "outline/check list" of what I think needs to get done to transfer (export/upload) 300 projects and their connections but does someone have a template that they used for a similar overhaul of a project.

Does it make sense now? lol