Unable to link shared files from OneDrive to Smartsheet

BD
BD ✭✭
edited 01/08/21 in Smartsheet Basics

Currently Smartsheet does not allow you to link a shared file from OneDrive. Will there be an update coming out soon that will address this issue? Having this as an option would be greatly appreciated. Currently my workaround is copying links to shared file to a cell. I prefer to link as I do not want to have multiple copies.

Is there a place to view any feature requests that are currently being addressed and see any workarounds that are currently being used for the respective request?

Thank you.

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @BD

You are correct, you must own the files in OneDrive in order to attach them to a sheet in Smartsheet. Since this is for security reasons, I am not certain if there are any updates in the future that will address this, however please do feel free to provide your feedback to our Product Team by filling out this form, here!

You can keep up to date with all of the new releases and changes to Smartsheet by subscribing to the Release Notes page, here, and you can read more about this in our Help Center (see: Track Product Updates or Make an Enhancement Request).

This Community is the best place to chat to other users and see what alternate solutions or workarounds people have come up with. Currently your process of copying the link and having that in a cell seems to be a good option at this time.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @BD

You are correct, you must own the files in OneDrive in order to attach them to a sheet in Smartsheet. Since this is for security reasons, I am not certain if there are any updates in the future that will address this, however please do feel free to provide your feedback to our Product Team by filling out this form, here!

You can keep up to date with all of the new releases and changes to Smartsheet by subscribing to the Release Notes page, here, and you can read more about this in our Help Center (see: Track Product Updates or Make an Enhancement Request).

This Community is the best place to chat to other users and see what alternate solutions or workarounds people have come up with. Currently your process of copying the link and having that in a cell seems to be a good option at this time.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now