Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Importing multiple rows into a webform

Options
mikelondon
mikelondon ✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I need to get stock declarations from a supplier for about 12 items into a sheet.  I would like to send him a webform each week that he can complete and submit back and that will in turn populate 12 new rows in a smartsheet.  I would then use the update to update a master stock list sheet (using Azuqua).  But I need to have the individual weekly submissions in a separate sheet. Question please: is there a third-party app that I can use to gather the data via a webform and that I could then post to SS using Zapier?  Of course the native SS webform can only post to one row and that is no use in this instance.  

Thank you.  

Comments

• Gwyneth C
    Gwyneth C ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Mikelondon,

I think the Update Request feature might help here. You'd need to create the separate sheet with the columns that you'd like the supplier to update. You could then select 12 rows in the sheet and send the request to the supplier to have them update all 12 rows with the information you need.

Here's a link to more information from our Help Center (there's a video too).

Using Update Requests

https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/504779-using-update-requests

Post back if you've already tried that (or if it's not quite what you need). Perhaps someone else here has solved for this in a different way.

Cheers!

Gwyneth

• mikelondon
    mikelondon ✭✭✭
    Options

Dear Gwyneth

Thanks fo your suggestion.  I might be able to do what I need to do by switching the x and y axis.  Otherwise I may need to use a form app and then get the data into SS using Zapier.  Is there a form app that you might be able to recommend please?  Thanks again.  

This discussion has been closed.